Tuesday 5 July 2011

Sun!

Yesterday and today we've seen the sun out, hot and bright.

Nice couple of lazy days - minimum housework and maximum sunbathing time in the budgie smugglers.  Don't know about others, but I don't use sun block.  I just sit in the full sun for less hours and then retreat under the shade of our rowan tree.

Experts never seem to fully agree what is good or bad for you.  A few years ago you were supposed to avoid sun exposure at all costs.  The along came vitamin D deficiency and a bit of exposure is deemed good for you.  Now there's evidence a bit of sunbathing can reduce various cancers.

It's in the paper today that being a thin male can give rise to diabetes - first I've heard of that one.  And apparently thin males are much more prone to serious injury in motor accidents as they've got less protective padding.

Moderation in all things I say, listen to your body's instincts and ignore the experts.  I've been in for five minutes now checking my email and doing this blog, so I'm going back out to enjoy the sun again.

No comments:

Post a Comment