Thursday 30 June 2011

Delivery drivers

Couple of delivery lorries came past me as I walked up to get my cargo trousers.  They were absolutely belting down the residential roads.  Presumably the faster they do their rounds the quicker they get home, but their behaviour was not that safe.  I hate speed bumps and other artificial speed reduction measures - why should I be penalised when I'm not about to speed, but what else can be done with drivers like that.  It's not possible to have speed cameras down every residential road and the chances of a police car being present is very slim.  I wonder if anything would be done if anyone took their number and reported it to either the delivery company and/or the police - and would your word be enough for action to be taken?

On another tack, I took my shoes off walking through the woods.  Excellent experience on muddy and leafy paths, but not so good where the paths had been 'improved' with stones and gravel!

No comments:

Post a Comment